Saturday, June 16, 2012

Date Night: Porkopolis

Ryan and I decided to go on a date night tonight (woot woot). Ryan has been hearing about this new BBQ place called Porkopolis on his radio station recently, so we decided to try it out. Well, it was amazing. I think we will be going back there frequently! For those living in Arizona, it is off of Arizona Ave and the South 202. They have Happy hours from 3:30-6:30 on weekdays.


We started out with the burnt ends. From my understanding they are the outside crust of the brisket that they smoke. These were freaking amazing! It was a little fatty, but freaking amazing!


For our main courses we both ordered the two meat combo. I got brisket and pulled pork and Ryan has brisket and ribs. Both the pork and the brisket were amazing as well. It goes great with their traditional sauce that they have on the tables. The two sides I got were polenta cakes and garlic mashed potatoes. I cannot say enough good things about the garlic mashed potatoes. I couldn't stop eating them they were so great! The polenta cakes were alright, but not my favorite. Ryan's ribs were fall off the bone amazing. He also got a slice of corn cake big enough to feed Texas and baked beans. The baked beans were spicy, like super hot spicy, we weren't big fans. Here is my plate.

Did I mention the portions were HUGE?!?!?!? Needless to say, we brought about 3/4 of the meat home, plus some potatoes and corn bread. We were so stuffed!


Now on from the food. Austin was being a total cutie tonight and a ham for the camera. He was wearing Ryan's hat and sunglasses and was being really cute about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment